Careers at Doyle Alliance Group
At Doyle Alliance Group, we’re continually looking for committed, driven people to join our team. Please browse our current opportunities.
Acrisure has been named the fastest growing insurance brokerage firm three years in a row by Business Insurance magazine. We have over 300 locations across the U.S. and continue to grow every month. To fuel that growth, we have another exciting opportunity as an Underwriter with Doyle Alliance Group an Acrisure Agency Partner. This position is responsible for assisting the licensed Benefit Advisors in preparing plan analysis to seek new clients and to retain existing clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of Underwriter
- Create request for proposal for public and private sector clients
- Request and obtain quotes for renewal and new business prospect groups
- Analyze all proposal responses ensuing all quote specifications were met
- Create and maintain spreadsheets to show benefit options for comparison
- Request, run, and analyze utilization reporting for group renewals monthly
- Prepare budget projections for consultant review and input
- Assist account consultants and account managers in creating executive-level summaries
- Benchmark plans by industry and employer size with national, regional and state plans
- Update agency systems with renewal and new business data
- Assist in preparation plan impact due to national and state legislative required changes
- Manage vendor relationships and coordination carrier educational sessions
This description is not meant to be all-inclusive and may be modified from time to time at the discretion of management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Must possess college degree or minimum of 5 years of experience in employee benefit insurance in an underwriter role
- Must possess NJ Life & Health Insurance license or be willing to obtain
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Group health self-funded exposure
- Proficient analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills, high attention to detail, responsive and self-motivated
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to produce accurate work
- Ability to learn new software programs
- Exceptional math skills
- Must be a team player and task-oriented
- Pleasant and positive attitude
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moderate stress due to regular deadlines and daily challenges
- High finger dexterity while typing documents and forms
- Occasionally lift up to 20lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is done in a temperature-controlled, non-smoking office
- Work stations are cubicles with moderately high sides
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Please send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com